Tuesday 28 June 2016

The promises

I walk alone along the dark road. Unknowing. Uncaring of what lies ahead. I just trace the steps. One by one. Someone once said to me, don't worry pal, I am here, backing you from behind, retracing your footsteps. He said he won't let me get lost into the unknown. All uncertainty evaded me. I knew, he was there, watching me from somewhere, hidden in the veil of darkness. I knew, he would be there, all I have to do is shout for him. And then I stumbled, I hit the ground, my legs gave away. I tried to get up but couldn't. I lied there curled up , sobbing and waiting, for i knew he would come, n give me strength to stand up. I waited, but no fear came to me. He will come, i kept telling myself, hours turned to days and days turned to months. The faith in me crippled, and realisation came striking upon me. I mustered all the strength that I could n pulled myself up. I had a long way to go. The destination was yet to be reached. And I had two more companions with me now, fear and uncertainty. Their burden was not easy to handle.
Thousands of people come into your life, making millions of promises. You set on a journey keeping those promises in your heart, a determination that those promises will be kept in need. However, the only promise that is ever kept is the one you made to yourself, the one that keeps you going, the one that gave you the courage to embark on that perilous journey. His promise was never meant to be kept. Somewhere you knew that in your heart. But you made a promise to yourself. To never fail the path you set on. That's what gives you courage to achieve what is meant to be, not the fake promises. You can see that goal, it's right in front of you, lying there, the reward of your sweat, you just have to lean n grab it. So, go and grab it. Don't wait for someone to give you a push, that push might throw you away from your goal. People hold your hands when they need support, not when you need it. So keep your hands free to grab your goal. Coz that's what your whole life is meant for.
Dedicate this to all of those who left you when you needed them, n prove them that the stumbled, broken you have gotten up and is ready to achieve what he always wanted to. Show them no anger or despise, for because of them you got two trustworthy companions, who are bound to stick with you no matter what. 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing write up Akshay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully written Akshay. Please dont use short forms like coz and n . It degrades the quality of work. Apart from all this. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the appreciation. I'll keep in mind the suggestion!

      Delete